Friday, January 21, 2022

Amazing Revelations

Wow! I woke up Thursday morning, and it took me about five minutes to remember I was sick. Just a tiny cough. But when I speak, it SOUNDS like I'm sick. A hoarseness from all the HARUMPHING. Also a little dizziness, which could be dehydration, or an ear thing returning. I'm still tired and moving slowly, and get a bit short of breath. But overall, it's like being over a cold and returning to normal. Only 4 days! 
 
Farmer H has been working on Pony House, leaving home around 7:00, and returning by 2:00. He says he's not quite over it, that he gets tired easily. No bad cough, but more of one than mine. He's on Day 7. He also has some medical issues which I believe his nurse practitioner is using to try to kill him! Maybe a story on that later.

The Pony survived the single-digit wind chills on Wednesday. He had to work 11.5 hours, because five employees called out, and two others were already out with the VIRUS. He said his ears were feeling funny, like maybe he was getting what Farmer H and I had. Or else it was from wearing a hood all day.

Farmer H and I emphasized that if he called out, he should get to Convenient Care and have them check his ears. Because when he gets those ear infections, he's out of commission for at least a week. No used letting it go. It could cost him work time. The Pony must have figured it wasn't an ear infection, because he got up and went to work Thursday with a morning temp of 7 degrees. It got up to 22. He worked 11 hours, I think.

"When I went to town, I saw five LLVs parked at the repair shop."

"I think I might know why we have so many sitting there! You know how I said our postmaster is never coming back? And we're losing one manager, too? Well. The acting postmaster found out the trash wasn't being picked up--remember that dumpster that was overflowing by the steps--because the bill was not paid two weeks ago when it was due! So I'm thinking maybe the car repair guy didn't get paid, either. Just a theory."

"That could explain it."
 
Okay. Not so amazing. But stuff you didn't know before.

4 comments:

River said...

That would definitely explain it! Pay your bills, people! Hopefully the LLV's will come back good as new.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
As good as when they were new in the 1980s, built to last 20 years!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Yeah, you gotta pay the bills if you want them to continue to service your account! Like I told one guy who went on vacation instead of paying his rent, so I pulled his plug and all his food went bad. "You know, I pay your utilities every month on time, because if I fail to pay Ameren they don't care that my renters have not paid me, they will simply turn my park off as far as power goes!" He whined a little more and that's when he explained that he was on vacation. He really should have kept that little nugget hidden from me, because I told him I was not his mother and should not have been made to pay for his vacation. Judge Judy would have had him removed from the courtroom and called him an idiot.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think it's a travesty that landlords have to go through so much time and money to GET RID OF TENANTS WHO DON'T PAY! That's why we don't have rental property anymore. The guy we bought our duplex from TOOK THE FRONT DOOR OFF to get rid of his deadbeats. It was winter. Did the trick. They didn't try to sue him, either. Of course that was 25 years ago.