Thursday, September 1, 2011

To Every Season: TURN! TURN! TURN!

The temperature today in Hillmomba was a balmy 97 degrees. Quite a respite from the 103 in town. Don't tell my boys that people have been baking car cookies. I'm not sure of the heat index, but I would not have been surprised if The Pony carried in fried eggs in his chicken basket this evening.

Summer seems to be lingering. Fie on that Autumnal Equinox. Once school starts, summer should be over, and fall chomping at the bit. We need some good sweater and headscarf weather. Old Mrs. Hillbilly Mom mumbled, around the stem of her corncob pipe.

3 comments:

Chickadee said...

When I was younger (and I mean in my 20s) I wanted to live in a city with hot weather. So I moved to a city with hot weather (Austin). Then I came back to St. Louis and now that I am older, I prefer the climate of Seattle or thereabouts. Funny what age can do to your tolerance of hot and cold weather.

And yes, I agree with you. Back to school weather is cooler weather. And Sept is too late to be having these stupid heat advisories. We've had enough of them this summer thank you.

labbie1 said...

I hear ya!!!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Chick,
I'm so happy you feel my pain! Ecstatic, even.

**********************************
labbie,
So glad someone is listening to me and responding. Much better than the grunts I get around the Mansion.