Sunday, January 28, 2018

An Indisputable Sign Of Mrs. Hillbilly Mom's Impending Diet Apocalypse

You won't believe what I found today at Save A Lot! I could hardly believe my own eyes. In fact, I pushed my cart right past the cardboard tower display on my way to the Aunt Hattie's Hot Dog Buns. But I came back. C'mon! Admit it! You know YOU would have done the same thing.

Get outta my way, Great Value Raisin Bran Cereal! There's a new snack in town! One you can't compete with.


SWEET, SWEET Gummi Mary!!! It's BIRTHDAY CAKE in the form of a PIE!!! You might recall that Mrs. HM enjoys herself an individual tiny plastic cup of birthday cake ice cream every night. Unless she's having her new favorite, Great Value Raisin Bran Cereal. But THIS changes the whole snack ball game! I'm pretty sure it won't keep, once I bite into the crust. You know, that birthday cake pie filling will leak out. So I'll have to eat the whole thing.

The Banana Cream isn't such an innovative flavor. It's well-known around pie circles. But I never have a chance to eat banana cream pie. And this is in a SNACK PIE! Because we all know, seasoned blog readers of Mrs. Hillbilly Mom, that Mrs. HM would not be able to stop if she bought an actual full-size banana cream pie. Oh, she might only eat one piece per day. But she would, indeed, finish that whole pie on consecutive days. So this single (?) serving banana cream snack pie is just what the doctor ordered.

Well. Probably not. I doubt he'd write a prescription for such a thing. But it's more likely to happen than a doctor telling a pregnant woman to keep smoking, because he didn't want her going through the stress of quitting while pregnant, because it's bad for the baby. Yes. I actually know of someone who said that. Mrs. HM might be delusional, and a low-will-powered snacker...but she KNOWS that a doctor would not suggest such a thing. AND Mrs. HM went totally without cheating with sugar even one single time when she was pregnant with Future Little Genius, and Future Little Pony, and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I'm only hurting myself, now. So the wise choices may drop a few IQ points.

Good thing I only bought one of each kind. At least I have Diet Coke to wash them down!
___________________________________________________________________

UPDATE!
Of course supper came early tonight, in order to get to my dessert treat.

Okay. I'll be honest. I actually had the Birthday Cake Pie after LUNCH! And while it looks like I could barely slow myself down to take a picture before it was gone, let the record show that it's the perspective, people! I'd only taken two small bites off the end, to show the filling.

I DID finish the whole thing, though. It was delicious. Although VERY SWEET. I'm actually still feeling a bit queasy. Perhaps a deterrent to looking for more the next time I'm in Save A Lot. I don't even want to admire the box of the Banana Cream Snack Pie right now.

4 comments:

River said...

so that's a pie shell filled with frosting? My teeth are hurting just looking at it. Have to confess I'd buy one once, just to try it and the banana cream too. I've never had banana cream anything. It isn't a thing out here in Australia.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, we used to call them "fried pies" when I was in high school. We had a morning break where we were allowed to go buy Hostess Fruit Pies, or donuts, or stuff in the cafeteria. Not so these days! Sugar is treated like poison at the public schools!

Will you be able to see the upcoming lunar eclipse there? I think it's on the 30th or 31st.

River said...

It's on the 31st and begins at 10:15pm, far too late for me to be out alone looking for a horizon to view it. I'm closer to the city so might not get to see it. I will go out and look though, just on my front porch.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
We'll be able to see part of it, I think, between 5:00 and 7:00 a.m. I think I'll be able to catch the RED part, if not the total eclipse, since it will be daylight pretty close to that.

Last night/early morning, when I went to bed at 3:00, the moon was BRILLIANT, coming through the windows like someone shining a spotlight.