Sunday, March 18, 2018

Mrs. HM Has An Earssue

For the past three days, I've had a pain in my ear/throat. It's a combination malady. Not just ear, not just throat. Every time I swallow, there's a pain that can't be localized to one or the other. It's pretty bad. Like somebody jabbing an ice pick in there every time I swallow.

You might not think about how many times a day you swallow. Until you have an ice pick poking you every single time. I guess I must make about a POOLIO full of saliva each day. It's agony to swallow, but impossible not to.

According to Dr. Innernets, I could have anything from a virus to thyroid cancer. I'm kind of leaning towards the virus. Which should be gone in 7-10 days, unless complications develop, and a bacterial infection settles in, which would mean I probably need an antibiotic to shake it.

Farmer H has been fighting another cold, which he came down with last Sunday. My symptoms started Thursday morning. I told Farmer H it looks like he infected me again, by spraying his infectious virus out his breather at night, where it settled into my ear as I laid on my side and slept unawares. Farmer H is a good scapegoat. Great, actually. There's pretty much nothing I can't blame on him.

However...what I'm NOT telling Farmer H is that on Wednesday, during my shower, I got my ears full of water. Of course it was due to Farmer H fiddling with the shower head, changing the angle of the stream, so that when I turned, rinsing my hair, the water went into my ears.

Anyhoo...I was conscious of my ears feeling watery that day, as I was out and about. And later, in my dark basement lair, the itching was distracting. So I took the cap off a ballpoint pen, and stuck it into my ear canal, and dug around a little bit, scratching. It felt good at the time.

According to Dr. Innernets, disturbing the interior of the ear canal can upset the normal status of the ear environment, and result in an infection.

As far as we're concerned, Farmer H is the culprit of my affliction. His contagious breather breath gave it to me. He's fully responsible for my ear issues. Which I'm calling EARSSUES.

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Of course, Farmer H is responsible for everything bad that happens, and cannot lay claim to bringing about anything positive. Women have to stand strong...

River said...

Do not put off the inevitable, go to a doctor before you are screaming in pain and smacking your ear with a brick to try and stop the throbbing. Nip that infection in the bud. Off you go.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down!

***
River,
IT GOT BETTER! After another day, it hurt less and less. I thought it was due to the ibuprofen I take at night, but when it wore off, the ear was barely painful. Now it's fine. I think I have a good immune system, after all those years of being exposed to student viruses, and I fought it off. Or else that scratch healed itself...

River said...

or it's gathering forces for a surprise attack (*~*)

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Just a few minutes ago, the OTHER ear was itchy. So I grabbed my trusty ballpoint pen cap and had a little scratch...I live on the edge.