Wednesday, August 8, 2018

What Are These Handmaidens Doing During Training?

I just can't figure it out. Surely The Devil trains his handmaidens before turning them loose on the registers. How can SO MANY of them be clueless when it comes to bagging the groceries?


Those are the heaviest items I had, ALL IN ONE BAG! I guess she put the Pepcid in there by mistake, because it's not heavy. But everything else went in together. At least she double-bagged it, but I wasn't trusting my RAGU Alfredo Sauce to the whims of The Devil's plastic. I carried this one bag by itself, supporting the bottom. If The Devil's Handmaiden had separated my heavy items and included them in other bags, I could have draped them on my arms.

What are they doing during training??? Thinking they already know it all?

4 comments:

River said...

Send them to me, I'll train them!
Can you speak to the store manager? Are there customer service forms you can fill out and send to head office to indicate their lack of caring and/or improper packing skills? You can do those anonymously so no one knows who is complaining. I really think the checkout persons need to lift their game. There's no need to do a bad job just because it's a low paid job.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I would send them with a one way ticket!

I don't want anybody to lose their job. Just do it better for my needs.

Anonymous said...

EVERYBODY knows you're supposed to put bread in the bag first, then drop all those cans in!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Well, they certainly know to drop my Gourmet Lollipops in first, from shoulder height, so they clang on the metal bottom of the bag carousel.