Monday, December 6, 2021

Pony, Pack-Rat, Hoarder, SHEESH!

The Pony had Sunday off from work, even though he'd missed on Thursday with a migraine. He saw the schedule for next week, and he has no day off. Fair enough. He goes in at 5:45 every day, to do packages before starting a regular mail route. They've put him on the same route all week, which could help with efficiency. The Pony likes that route well enough. AND he is glad to get home at a decent hour, like 6:30 or 7:00, even if he has to work 12 hours.

Sunday, Pony only wanted to rest. I don't blame him. But Farmer H had other ideas.

"I woulda took your car to get the tire fixed, and an oil change, if it was clean. I could come by from your house, and pick it up where you park it at work, and take it back. But I ain't takin' a dirty car to get worked on. I remember when I worked in the station. When we had one of those trashy cars, we all talked about it."

Yes. Farmer H worried about what a mechanic will think of him if he brings in a car whose "passenger" is a person-sized pile of McDonald's wrappers.

Anyhoo... I told The Pony, "At MY convenience, we'll take the trash bag of junk mail out of T-Hoe, because it's getting heavy, but still has a lot of room left. I can hold it while you throw in your McDonald's trash. AND we'll take a box out there, to get back all my containers that you're hoarding! The ones I put your Chex Nuts in for you."

"I can do it. You don't have to help. I'll do it when I get up."

I had every intention of helping, but I was elbow-deep in a pot of beans at 10:30 when The Pony ate a bowl of instant spicy chicken ramen noodles, and headed out to his Rogue. He came back with an armful of the plastic tubs I use to give out Christmas Chex Mix.

"I didn't know you took THOSE! I was talking about my little containers. The ones that came with the shredded parmesan cheese."

"I've told you, Mom, every time you ask, that THOSE are at work, in my locker!"

"Well. I'd like to have them back, because I use them to give out stuff where I don't care if I get the containers back."

Heh, heh. The Pony let that one slide. No educational or advice-y comeback for me.

Anyhoo... when Farmer H got home from his Storage Unit Store, he took the Rogue to town for an oil change and tire inspection. They didn't find anything wrong with the tire that The Pony says has a slow leak. But ALL tires had 20 lbs of air, when they NEED 32 lbs.! Also, Farmer H filled up the Rogue with gas, because it was low, and he figured The Pony will be busy enough this week without stopping for gas.

Then gave him receipts totaling $59. I did not charge for my parmesan cheese containers.

4 comments:

River said...

I wouldn't charge for the containers either, especially since you are likely to get them back whenever The pony cleans out his locker.
Fair enough making him pay for the gas and checkup though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That could be at RETIREMENT if it's like the way he cleans his room! Yeah, The Pony looked a little surprised when, after informing him of the oil and gas, I said, "And now the bad news. You owe us $59." However, when I came upstairs after he'd left for work, I found three twenties on the kitchen counter.

I don't mind buying food and treats for The Pony, and his wine, but he DOES pay for his part of the phone bill, and car insurance. After all, he's the only working member of our household!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Three twenties? Doesn't that mean you owe him $1 in change?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
PUH-leeeeezzzzz, Madam! I buy The Pony scratchers every day! I am NOT giving him $1 in change as well. He's got himself a sweet deal, and knows better than to expect change.