Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Pony's Winter Coat Is Coming In

The Pony got off the bus at Newmentia this afternoon, and trotted up to my desk to tell a tale of middle school hijinx. I surveyed his appearance to discern whether he might have brought embarrassment to the Hillbilly family today. Like that time he snagged his shirt about six dozen times from when I dropped him off in the morning until the bus hauled him back to me at the end of the day.

"What's that on your knees, dirt? Have you been crawling around on the floor? What did you do in PE today? Can't you even clean up?"

"Uh. That's hair. Leg hair."

"On your knees? Who are you, Harry, new friend of the Hendersons?"

"I don't get it."

"It was just a movie. With a bigfoot kind of guy. I can't believe you have hair on your knees!"


"Uh huh. Look at it! It's growing."

"I can see that. It's curling over your socks. But normally, people don't have hair on their knees."

"But I do! Look!"

Yes. My thirteen-year-old is growing hair on his KNEES. That is just not right. I fear for his future back.

2 comments:

Mommy Needs a Xanax said...

Boys are gross. I mean, I love them-- wouldn't trade them for girls in a million years, but they're gross! My not-quite-three year old has hairy legs too. Not dark hair on his knees, mind you, but his legs are almost as hairy now as mine were when I finally begged my mother into letting me shave them at age 10. At least he's blonde.

Hillbilly Mom said...

MommyNeeds,
I know everybody has SOME knee hair. But The Pony's looks like his kneecaps have goatees! It's right ON the kneecap, long and stringy, like a Fu Manchu beardy thing. The over-the-sock-hair, on the other hand, is curly swirly.