Sweet Gummi Mary! I am lucky to be here this evening, and not locked up for vehicular mayhem.
In one short trip this afternoon, The Pony and I encountered:
* Two dudes walking in the oncoming lane, facing traffic, necessitating our veerage onto the shoulder to avoid a head-on collision with traffic avoiding them.
* An inline-skater wheeling up the middle of the oncoming traffic lane, necessitating the slamming-on of T-Hoe's brakes and subsequent airbornness of a Starlight peppermint and a strawberry Starburst while traffic came to a standstill to honk at the skater until two lanes could pass.
* A compact car that came to a complete stop in the middle of our lane to motion another car to pull out of a parking lot in front of it.
* A roadwalker in our lane, facing us, who appeared as we crested a two-lane blacktop hill.
* An oncoming pickup truck that refused to get over to his edge, running us off the side of our narrow county road.
As The Pony says, "It's a good thing you're not allowed to carry a gun." I don't think I need one. The future corpses are lining up to get in front of me and my T-Hoe.