Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My Name Is Mrs. Hillbilly Mom, And I'm A PEEPaholic

Only a few more weeks of PEEP season! They may still be around the day after Easter, but then it will be a long dry spell until...oh...maybe the 4th of July. I think I saw some Independence Day PEEPs last year. Or online. They really don't come out again in full numbers in The Devil's Playground until Halloween. PEEPs have a website somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Here are my latest acquisitions.


I'm only showing you one box, because...well...the other one is GONE! Gone, baby, gone! Yes. I have a problem. I have a PEEP tooth. I can't help myself. These are not even the most photogenic of PEEPs. They have a wave of sugary goodness cascading down their belly. And that one has...I don't know...perhaps...a sugary tumor on its neck! It will still be just as delicious, though.

Nom-nom! I LOVE PEEPs!

The dogs and the new cat kibble that Farmer H bought yesterday? Not such a match.

6 comments:

River said...

Such cute little bunnies! Are they cake or marshmallow? Either is good, although I'd prefer cake.

River said...

Ignore that comment, I've just read your previous reply.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
OOPS! I meant to hit DELETE instead of PUBLISH, but my fingers took over for my brain. Oh, well. At least now it doesn't look all fishy, like if I deleted them now that they're already here.

Mmm...cake! I can imagine little pink bunny cakes like those Snowball Cakes. Do you have them?

http://afoodieaffair.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/sno-balls1.jpg

River said...

Not snowball cakes, we have snowball marshmallows, which I never buy anymore now the kids are grown and gone. I think they're made buy different companies now, they're far, far, sweeter than they used to be, too sweet even for me who has a giant sweet tooth.

River said...

We do have lamingtons, which are cubes of cake about two inches wide, tall, deep, usually sponge cake, dipped in runny chocolate icing then rolled in coconut and left to set. If they were made in bunny shapes I bet they'd be a huge hit every Easter.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Mmmm...lamingtons sound delicious.