Friday, February 7, 2020

It's Raining A Lot Of Leg Pee Around Here

Sweet Gummi Mary! I thought Groundhog Day had already happened! Yet here I am again, reliving that package delivery scenario from a couple months ago.

On Tuesday evening, I ordered my tax preparation software on NotSoAmazingdotCom. Yeah. That's not a real site. I think you know what I'm getting at. I have NotSoAmazingPrime, so 2-day shipping is free. You know where this is going, right?

When I placed my order on Feb. 4 at 7:54 p.m., the page was touting delivery on Feb. 6 if I ordered within the next four hours and something. That seemed too good to be true.

I'm not in a grand hurry to get this tax CD. Don't even suggest I should have bought the downloadable version. Just no. Not with my technology skills, and my satellite internet.

Anyhoo...when I got the confirmation email, NotSoAmazingdotCom proclaimed that my order would arrive by 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 6. Sure it would.

It's now Feb. 6 at 10:49 p.m.

I DO NOT HAVE MY PACKAGE.

Delving into the electronic trail, I discovered that shipping was by USPS. That's the post office. No way was a package being shipped out on a Tuesday night, and getting here in my mail around noon on Thursday. Nope. Mail leaves the dead mouse smelling post office for delivery around 8:00 a.m. I don't think Superman moonlights for NotSoAmazingdotCom and the USPS.

Tracking showed:

WEDNESDAY, FEB 5, 2020, 1:22 am
Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73159
Shipping Partner: [NotSoAmazingdotCom]
"Your item was picked up by a shipping partner at 1:22 am on Feb 5, 2020, in Oklahoma City, OK. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

I know where Oklahoma City is. I regularly sweave within 20 miles of Oklahoma City. It's a MINIMUM 8-hour drive from here on the turnpike, exceeding the speed limit. Not accounting for loading and unloading and sorting of packages. No way was my package getting here by Thursday, even if that demon FedEx became involved.

There's more.

THURSDAY, FEB 6, 4:26 pm
"Package arrived at an [NotAmazingdotCom] facility
Hazelwood, Missouri US"

There's more.

THURSDAY, FEB 6, [10:49 pm]
"Now expected February 7 - February 8
We're very sorry your delivery is late. Most late packages arrive in a day. If you have not received your package by February 8, you can come back here the next day for a refund or replacement."

What in the NOT-HEAVEN? Why advertise that you can deliver it in two days, when you can't? Maybe to keep sucking that automatic payment for NotAmazingdotComPrime out of my credit card every year? So I think I can get packages within two days?

I know that some items come from other shippers, and might not be available for two-day shipping. JUST SAY SO! I would still have ordered my tax preparation software, and I wouldn't have been pissed off, throwing shade on my barely-read anonymous blog!

Don't say my package will be here in two days when you know it's impossible. Surely NotAmazingdotCom has shipped enough packages from there to here to have data revealing the true shipping time.

As Judge Judy used to say, paraphrasically, "It's raining a lot of leg pee around here."

6 comments:

River said...

If deliveries are well-known as unreliable, I'd suggest having Genius or The Pony download the downloadable version next time you need it. There must be something you can reward them with to make them come and do this for you? And leave step-by-step written instructions so you can do it yourself from then on.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
IT'S HEEEERE! Got it out of EmBee today around 12:30. Of course, it sits on the kitchen counter beside my purse right now. I was in no rush to get it, but I definitely didn't want Jack to eat it if a FedEx man tossed it in the driveway (like my CHECKS), or leaned it against the front door, like Genius's bison leather wallet with RFID chip from Sharper Image.

IF ONLY it was that simple for Genius (16 hours away) and The Pony (9.5 hours away by our non-turnpike route) to do that for me! I will have to next year, I think, unless I happen to get a new computer, which is doubtful without Genius here to build me one with a DVD/CD drive. HIPPIE my newest laptop runs Windows 10, but has only the bare basics. I'm not sure I could deal with a downloaded version. I can't even save pictures on HIPPIE!

Depends on where The Pony ends up, I guess. He graduates in May.

River said...

Why can you not save pictures on Hippie? when you click on the document folder icon down on your task bar and a menu comes up, don't you have a pictures option to open a pictures file to save pictures into? Or click on start where all the apps are stored and scroll through to find the documents when you click on and a menu should appear with the pictures, downloads etc to choose from. Then when anything is downloaded it goes to your downloads folder which you open and find whatever you downloaded.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I DON'T KNOW! If I knew, I'd be saving pictures on HIPPIE! I know there's a file of some kind, but it works different. Maybe it's in the picture VIEWING program that I have problems. It's all wonky. Windows 10 instead of my Windows 7 Professional. It's 2:07 a.m. now and I'm not going to hurt my head thinking about it!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I hate it when they offer what they don't deliver!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
It's like bait-and-keep-you-on-the-hook!