Monday, February 10, 2020

T-Hoe May Or May Not Be Possessed

Strange things happen around here quite often, but they usually happen inside the Mansion. Sunday afternoon, T-Hoe went a little crazy.

I wasn't even inside T-Hoe at the time. I was coming out of the Gas Station Chicken Store with my 44 oz Diet Coke and scratchers clutched in my left hand, keys in the right. As I approached T-Hoe's right flank, I clicked my clicker to unlock him.

Well! T-Hoe clicked all right. Three or four times! He made a clunky noise that I hadn't heard before. His tail lights seemed to flash too many times for one click. I feared he was going all wonky, and I'd be stranded there with 44 oz of magical elixir and no innernets.

I reached to open T-Hoe's door, and it was locked! That's not fair! After all the clicking and light-flashing. I knew T-Hoe had gotten a signal. Hm. Maybe I'd hit the LOCK button instead of UNLOCK. So I clicked LOCK, and then UNLOCK. I heard one click each time. The door latch complied when I pulled the handle. Whew!

I stowed my soda and stuffed the scratchers in the side of my purse. Turned on the ignition. DING DING DING! A light flashed on the dash! COMPARTMENT DOOR AJAR! Sheesh! No way did I want to climb back out and check on that. I was headed a quarter-mile away to Orb K. I'd check it then.

Yes. The glass part of T-Hoe's hatch had popped open. It's heavy enough that it was still in position, but not latched. I pushed it down. CLICK. Problem solved.

I've had this happen before, but it was when I had my thumb on the clicker part that actually opens that compartment door. This time, I did not. I'm pretty sure I clicked the actual UNLOCK part, too. I don't know why T-Hoe went all wonky. As I've tried to tell Farmer H a million and one times, I think T-Hoe has an electrical problem.

Unless Farmer H is gaslighting me again, for another pretty-sure attempt to kill me...

3 comments:

River said...

Perhaps T-Hoe is just having a fun day, enjoying the fact you now have a clicker that works.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Crazy things happen to you! Every day is an adventure.

(I read your most recent post on your not-so-secret blog, and those parents are bucking for a couple of days of free babysitting. If Farmer H supervises them while they "work," the parents can take a couple of day trips.

If you see them, you should give them the full power of your accelerator, not just your not-used-too-much-lately stinkeye. Mash on the gas and scare 'em a bit. Make 'em jump off the road and into the ditch. They might think twice about trespassing and stealing...)

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yeah, that's the ticket! T-Hoe is all hopped up with excitement over the working clicker!

***
Sioux,
I have been known to strike terror into children with the stinkeye alone. I might stop short at vehicular terrorism.

And, Madam, I forgot to inquire about your whereabouts during the recent attempted Jack-napping. I know you are a woman of many disguises, and have a rap sheet that includes attempted dogfoolery...