Monday, February 3, 2020

The Anticlimactic Reveal Of The Half-Triangle, Rolo-Like Candy Bar

I'm sure your curiosity has climbed to a level sufficient to kill several cats. WE DON'T ENDORSE THAT! Hope you took a chill pill while waiting for the reveal of Farmer H's description of a fundraiser candy bar. In case you can't remember back to yesterday, Farmer H said the candy bar was:

"They're like half a triangle. It's flat on the bottom, and flat on top. The sides go in. It's like a Rolo."

Well. Now you'll see why I am often confused by Farmer H's descriptions and/or instructions. Here is the candy bar.


Looks like a regular candy bar shape to me. Rectangular. Though slimmer than one might imagine. But for a dollar, a fundraiser candy bar is not going to be the same size as a regular candy bar. It's 1.3 oz, and I think the normal ones are 2.6 oz.

Anyhoo...here are the nutritional facts, in case you're interested.

Not that you'd be tempted to gorge yourself on them, at $1 apiece!

Inside, it looks like normal chocolate.

Not like a Rolo. Though the caramel version would have four little sections filled with caramel. Still not like a Rolo to me!

From the end, which is sadly out of focus...


I might get the general idea of "half a triangle."

Note to Self: Don't ever ask Farmer H for a description, or directions, unless your ears can take high volume, and you have a good aptitude for mystery-solving.

3 comments:

River said...

I see the almost half triangle, but I am surprised at how small the bar is. I remember fundraiser bars from when my kids were in school, they were huge and filled with almonds and totally delicious. Whenever the kids were selling I'd buy a whole box of them and put them in the pantry. When I had all three of the older kids in school, they each came home with a box one year and I let them sell a few to the nearest neighbours and I bought the rest. I don't like my kids going door-to-door when I don't know the people. I remember the bars being $2 each for a while then they got to be $2.50, but still great value. I miss them. I remember the wrappers were dark blue.

Sioux Roslawski said...

What a disappointment. The shape of the candy bar, not your post. I was giddy with excitement, thinking I was going to get to see a candy bar with an innovative, exotic shape.

I agree. It looks like most other candy bars.

My dreams are dashed. My disappointment is piled on me, a weight I cannot lift.

I will have to call in sick at work today to recover.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, they used to be twice that size, for a dollar. Then the price went up to two dollars. The kids at school had no trouble selling them, to teachers and other students. Caramel ran out first. Almond was not popular, but it was my favorite.

When my boys were little, and playing town baseball, they had to sell them. I, too, bought the box, aside from letting them sell to relatives.

***
Sioux,
I refuse to take the blame for your disappointment and sick day, Madam! Farmer H is the culprit, and should receive a smack-down from Even Steven. I was also intrigued by the thought of a new treat shape. Shame on Farmer H and his ill-communicated candy!