Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Very Nerve Of Them!

From Mrs. HM's GET A LOAD OF THIS file...

DISH had the nerve to send me an email suggesting other ways I might pay my bill to avoid it arriving late. Not that I have EVER, even once, had a DISH payment that was late. Of course they're always trying to scam me into setting up an automatic payment from my credit card. No thank you. It's bad enough they have to have my credit card on file just in case we want a Pay Per View event. Which we don't.

Anyhoo... are you ready for this?

Due to the VIRUS, there might be delays in paying by mail, because PEOPLE have to handle statements and checks that come and go in the mail!

What in the NOT-HEAVEN? What is their excuse for all the other 20 years that they've dragged their feet on sending my statement by mail???

It's hard to imagine that NOW it will take more than 8 days to get the bill to me, and more than 8 days to get the payment back to them! Sheesh! It's not floating across the sea on the Mayflower. It's not shooting into space to slingshot around the moon. A St. Bernard is not climbing over the Alps with it rolled up in a collar cask.

DISH is stretching the splayed fragments of my last nerve.

5 comments:

River said...

I think they are just taking advantage of the situation and blaming the virus for their own slackness. Here in Aus. the mail has been slow for some time and now is even slower "because of the virus" even though Australia Post has hired umpteen hundred extras to help out with the sorting and delivering.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Oh, they'll use any excuse they can, to lure people into paying an extra fee or nudge them into using a different way to pay.

You're too wily for them. After all, you outsmart Farmer H on a regular basis...

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, they are making excuses for their incompetence! Laying the blame at MY feet if the payment doesn't make it on time. I can't send it before I get the bill! Well. I CAN. If I want to take a couple hours to log into their horrendous website that never recognizes me. Even after I get a code for a password reset (and always use the same password).

***
Sioux,
They want to get their grubby slow hands on my credit card! Once I give permission, it will be a free-for-all! Charging me all willy-nilly early in the month (my bill isn't due until the 25th), to collect INTEREST (such as it is) on my payment. Multiply that by hundreds of thousands of accounts, and they have a pretty good scam.

Let's not forget the ex-teacher talent for not being outsmarted...

River said...

I do want to say, however, that I pay for my internet by direct debit, it is due each month on the 26th, and I get a reminder email about a week before, then on the 26th, they take the money from my account. Never had a single problem with that. AND, because of the virus, with so many people working form home and using more data, they have extended my data allowance to unlimited until the end of June. For no extra charge.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm glad that works out for you! And that you're raking in extra free data!