Thursday, January 21, 2021

Cookin' With Genius

Genius got a late Christmas gift this week. Since I had it shipped there directly, I wasn't consciously tracking this gift until it arrived. I DID get a notice a day or two before that it had shipped. I meant to send Genius a text to tip him off, but I forgot. He was surprised.
 
"I got a package today addressed to Genius C. (Christmas) Hillbilly. At first I thought, 'I didn't order anything!' but then I saw the middle initial. Here's a picture of it."
 
 
Heh, heh! I thought that was appropriate for Genius. He can hang it over his bar. Or he might hide it away under the counter, and throw it in the wastebasket in a few days! Still. It seems like his view on whiskey.

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Oh, did I tell my story of when Da-Boy was in college? He asked if I had a big soup pot--an extra one--that he could borrow.

My chest puffed up with pride. My son. He was interested in making big batches of soups and chili.

"No, I don't have an extra one. Why?"

It turns out he wanted to make big batches of something alcoholic. I don't remember what now. My shoulders slumped in shame. (He wasn't even old enough to legally drink, so I'm sure he was just making the "whatever" for his older friends, and wasn't planning on drinking any himself.)

River said...

I LOVE it! My son would love it. My other son would love it. Where can I get one?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Heh, heh! I can imagine him, shirtless, leaning over his chilled cauldron, perhaps stirring it with the end of a hockey stick. Oh, wait! That would be Genius with a hockey stick, but wearing a shirt.

***
River,
I ordered it from a website I just hurled into SPAM! Lucky I still had the catalog that I found it in! CreationsAndCollections.com

It's on solid knotty pine, with a slot on the back routed out for hanging on a wall. HOWEVER, when I googled the phrase, looking for it online first without success, I discovered that Amazon had some kind of product with the saying, and I also saw T-shirts! That might have changed my gift plan!

River said...

I'll check out both sites, thank you.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
You're welcome!