Monday, January 4, 2021

Gee, Your Cake Tastes Delicious

The Pony made an Oreo Cake on Saturday. He used the mix and the frosting we had left over from the Christmas cakes, and from his apartment kitchen. So the frosting on THIS Oreo Cake was chocolate! I LOVE chocolate frosting. I won't eat an Oreo Cake with that too-sweet vanilla frosting.

Anyhoo... I had a piece on Sunday night, and it was delicious!

Okay. So The Pony was a bit sloppy with the frosting. Didn't change the taste! There were actually two kinds of chocolate frosting. He used one for the middle and top, and the other for the sides. He really made it so he could take a slice to his Second-Bestie, who drove down from the city for lunch. Not that she has a discerning palate. She's the one who ate a year-old cookie she found on the floor of his Nissan Rogue.
 
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

7 comments:

River said...

Nothing sloppy about that frosting to my eyes. Looks just like when I frost a cake, except we call it icing. Of course chocolate is the best! But sometimes I'd make a chocolate cake and use different flavour for the icing, sometimes strawberry, coloured pink and piped all over the surface in little stars, sometimes coffee flavoured, spread just like The Pony did then sprinkled with grated chocolate. I tried mint frosting once but it wasn't popular so never did that again. Orange flavoured frosting goes well, but the kids and me always preferred chocolate.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

It does look appealing, even to me and I don't care for chocolate. What kind of cookie was the one in the car?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm surprised The Pony didn't lick the icing off the cake plate! I always called it icing, too, but The Pony sometimes says frosting. Probably due to the label on the product.

My favorite is the Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix. It's white, with a slight coconut flavor (to me), with colored sprinkles throughout. I like it with strawberry icing. Hick likes a cherry cake for his birthday, but I haven't made it since his diabetes diagnosis. No use TRYING to kill him! It's just a box mix with cherry flavoring and cherry icing. Not with real cherries. We're simple people. Not gourmet chefs!

***
Kathy,
It was a chocolate chip cookie, left from an outing The Pony had had with a couple friends. They had an extra cookie they couldn't eat. I guess it got shoved around and fell out of the bag. Not sure where they got it. It was some kind of big cookie like you can get at Subway, but I doubt it was from Subway. The Pony is not one to clean out his car on a regular basis. So I guess it got petrified in the heat and cold.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I too love chocolate frosting. When my mother would make frosting (she never used the "canned" stuff) she always added a bit of coffee. It really made a difference.

That oreo cake looks great, considering it was a young man who made it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Coffee? No thank you! It would be delicious until I found out coffee was in it. The Pony even cleaned up half his mess!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Have you ever had the hot fudge sauce from DQ? That sauce has a coffee flavor as part of it.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I don't think so. Unless it was part of a banana split, back when I was a kid. I was more of a Mr. Misty kind of gal. Please don't tell me there was coffee in the cherry flavor!