I'm so glad I chose the right bandaid to cover up my ugly arm hole during time spent in public. I knew I had finally found a kind that didn't make my skin turn red and itch. I just couldn't remember WHICH kind. I knew it was some type of supermarket bandaid, not the real brand. The problem was, I had two varieties on my kitchen counter.
Don't go thinking I use my food prep area for treating wounds, heh, heh! Even though the last few pictures were posed on my cutting board. The kitchen counter is where I charge my phone, so handy to pick up up and take a photo there. Also, the kitchen is where I'm most likely to need a bandaid in a hurry. It's not like I'm going to injure myself in the bathroom, and fetch one out of the medicine cabinet. By the time I made it to the bathroom with a dripping wound, there'd be a suspicious trail of blood across the carpet. Maybe I should stash some bandaids on the mantle of the fake electric fireplace!
Anyhoo... here's the best-ever bandaid for my papery thin old lady skin:
I found this kind at 10Box. I think I've figured out why they don't make me itch.
See that last line before the fine print? "Not made with natural rubber latex." I think I might have a sensitivity to latex. Or natural rubber. I need to read the package for that clear tape I used around the gauze bandage. Because that made me VERY itchy, just like other bandaids.
Here's the other bandaids that were on the kitchen counter. I need to move this box to the bathroom medicine cabinet. Farmer H can still use them. He's not at all sensitive, heh, heh.
This came from Country Mart. Of course I didn't know at the time I bought them that they would make me itch. Both boxes say "Comparable to Johnson & Johnson"(this one), or "Comparable to Band Aid" (the other box). Both referring to the Johnson & Johnson Band Aid brand. I don't know if I've tried the actual Band Aid fabric version to see if I can tolerate it. No need, as long as I have my 10Box bandages.
No mention of natural rubber latex on this one. Or should I say no mention of not containing it.
I don't know when my skin decided it was allergic to the stickiness of bandaids. I never had a problem when I was younger. I guess it's like with the ampicillin reaction, and the cefprozil reaction. I wasn't allergic until I WAS.




No comments:
Post a Comment