Monday, September 21, 2026

Oh, NO! Another Final Notice!

Is there really any money in this scam? How do the Final Notice senders make a buck? Their envelope might fool some people into thinking it's an official notice.


So they open it in a panic. Or out of curiosity, like I did. Since we have no loans to be finally notified about, I do not feel the urge to call about this urgent matter regarding our property.

The letter itself might lead people to think they are in danger of losing their property, rather than just on the hook for repairs. I even had to ask Farmer H: "What in the Not-Heaven is a Home Warranty?" He said it's like a policy for repairs, in case something goes wrong. I could imagine this for a vehicle. I am not familiar with such a thing for homes. I guess that's because we didn't get a loan to buy a house.

I've cropped the first paragraph, because it listed our specific address.


I suppose this no-name company (oh, wait, there's an actual "business" name in the tiny print of the last sentence) can make money from people calling, then fast-talking them into buying "coverage" for their appliances. 

It doesn't seem like an efficient scam to me.

No comments: