The hole in my forearm is closing up nicely. Or not so nicely, depending on whether you're the person with a hole in your arm, or a person who has to look at it. The injury happened on Sept 15, when I stood up from my OPC (Old People Chair) and caught my left arm on the corner of our fake electric fireplace. Now it's been two weeks. The "grape jelly" scab has maintained its integrity.
I have left it open at home. I told The Pony that I don't like to subject people to seeing it when I go to town, and got the reply, "You're right. It's hideous!"
The Pony has a point. It looks like I had a giant wart or mole burned off! AND it's at that stage where a loose thread or an unfortunate bump could knock that scab loose.
I didn't want to get out the big gauze pad again. But I was reluctant to use a bandaid, because so many of them make my skin turn bright red and itch. Even that clear tape had given me the red itchies.
I took a chance. I know the brand name bandaids are not compatible with my tender skin. I have two boxes of grocery store bandaids on the kitchen counter. I had forgotten which brand worked for me. The Universe must have been on a break from making me miserable, because I chose the right one! I left it on for two days. It even went through a shower. And NOTHING HAPPENED. It was still stuck tight when I peeled it off. And my skin was perfectly normal underneath.
Tomorrow we'll look a the two bandaid brands...



No comments:
Post a Comment