Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Pressing Engagement

I would love to hang around and chat, but I will not be able to do so this evening. I have a pressing engagement.

The Pony requested and received the DVD of Rise of Planet of the Apes for Christmas. We are having a movie night. An attempt to have the #1 son join us has failed. He saw it in the theater. Even the promise of a popping of his Christmas gift of bacon-flavored popcorn could not persuade him. So it's just The Pony and me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some ape-watching to do.

4 comments:

labbie1 said...

bacon flavored popcorn. That sounds interesting! I would have to try mixing it with cheddar flavored popcorn...

Hillbilly Mom said...

labbie,
That is a most scathingly brilliant idea! He didn't much care for the bacon-flavored jelly beans he got last year. And the bacon-flavored gumballs from this year are going to school to be shared (dared) around the lunch table.

Kelly said...

I love flavored popcorn, but I don't know how I feel about bacon-flavored. However, I do agree with labbie1. Mixing it with cheddar flavored popcorn does make it sound a little more appealing.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kelly,
Next thing I know, you and labbie will have set up a mail-order business distributing popcorn like Jelly Bellies, a gift pack that lets you combine specific flavors for tasty treats like Beef Stew, and Biscuits and Gravy.