Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Question Poised On Everybody's Fingertips

So, Mrs. Hillbilly Mom...what has Farmer H been up to lately?

Uh huh. I know that's what you're all dying to find out. He hasn't tried to kill me recently, by giving me a pointy-ended cane wrapped with electrician's tape to walk on a ceramic tile floor, or advising me to take ALL SIX pills of a Z-Pack at one time. But he's been scheming.

Farmer H sold his Pacifica to his oldest son for a cash sum and $1000 worth of work. I don't know how much work got done, but the cash was paid, and the son was here for many hours over many different weekends. So I suppose that's one in the good column for Farmer H's schemes.

Today I found out that Farmer H is selling the $1000 Caravan to a guy at work for $600. Can you believe it? Now that guy's wife can write a blog about their $600 Caravan! I made sure Farmer H told the purchaser that it does not have a speedometer (well, it does, but it lays flat at the bottom of that round thing where the speedometer is supposed to move around a dial as speed increases or decreases, having come loose from the center thingy and fallen off) and that the front passenger window is held up with a border of silver duct tape on all four sides. Farmer H said he told the guy, "It's a six hundred dollar car. It may run 50 miles, or it may run 50,000 miles. I don't know and you don't know. There are no guarantees." I wonder if Farmer H is leaving those studded snow tires on it. That's the only set we have for this vehicle, methinks.

Now the Hillbilly family is down to only six vehicles. I hope we can survive. I hope our insurance agent can survive.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Well, it seems like he unloaded that POS at a fair price. Just make sure any vehicle YOU ride in isn't held together with duct tape. Or Gorilla glue. Or spit and a prayer...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I think our insurance agent loves He Who buys vehicles. I am of the opinion that we don't actually need insurance on a vehicle that does not run. We are down to 4, but two don't run. The VW will start if you jump it, but will not restart if you turn it off. The Ford 150 needs a new engine. But, ...... they are insured.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
We have paid more in insurance for it (every year) over the past six years than it cost us to begin with. That's the cost of having two teenage boys listed as the primary drivers. Even if one isn't driving yet but only has a permit.

Don't worry. I'm not about to get into a Farmer H rolling version of the Kitty Hawk. No experimental vehicles for me.

*****
Kathy,
Hey! Somebody could STEAL those non-running vehicles and park them on the railroad tracks, and you'd have to pay for the derailment cleanup! Insurance is a necessary evil.