Tuesday, October 27, 2015

There Are None So Out Of Touch As He Who Doesn't Drive Much

Sweet Gummi Mary!

Yesterday morning, I casually mentioned, over my shoulder to The Pony, riding in the back seat of T-Hoe on the way to school, that rain was expected for today. And that I would need my windshield wiped down before leaving the next morning. He's done it before, with a shop towel and Windex. With questionable results. But still. It gets that film off the inside of the glass so the glare isn't as bad. I told him to try a dry paper towel this time.

This morning, on the way out the door, I reminded him. "Get two paper towels (gotta be specific with The Pony) to wipe my window. Stand on the running board. You only have to do my side."

It was dark on the porch. The Pony went ahead of me to turn on the garage light so I could see to get down the steps. I stopped to pet my sweet, sweet Juno. She's especially loving in the mornings, even though she knows no cat kibble will be forthcoming until the evening. I turned to step into the garage, and saw The Pony.

WIPING THE OUTSIDE OF MY WINDSHIELD!

"NO! Why would I need the OUTSIDE wiped? The rain will clean that off. I meant the INSIDE glass. Where the film gives me a foggy glare."

"Well. You didn't SAY so. I just thought you wanted your windshield cleaned. And THAT'S your windshield."

Some days. I just don't know. How is he going to survive when he is pried from the nest?

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Doesn't the windshield have an inside AND an outside?

Pried? Kicked out? Somehow, he'll have to make his way into the world semi on his own. And he'll be fine. (But you'll probably have some chuckles along the way...)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Thing is, I HAVE a wiper for the OUTSIDE windshield. The Pony was supposed to be my INSIDE wiper. A duty which he has assumed before with no confusion.

I am not sure if the world is ready for the release of The Pony.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

You have to be VERY specific! He will figure it out eventually.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes. Specificity is The Pony's friend.