Saturday, June 16, 2018

More From The Ponython

Seems like The Pony has been communicating more since our visit last week. Monday (June 11) was his first day of summer semester. He's taking a class on campus, and one online, because it conflicted with the one on campus. Ain't that always how it goes? You want to take TWO classes, and of all the classes offered during summer semester...those two are at the same time.

Anyhoo...on Tuesday, a storm rolled in.

"Not raining yet but there is very very deafening thunder despite nothing being in the forecast."

"Oh, no! If you're going out, take an umbrella."

"Like, some of it's louder than I've ever heard while outside before. I didn't have the umbrella with me. I'm already out of class. I'm just gonna ride the bus home instead of walking. I don't trust the weather, and rain just started."

"Yeah, ride the bus. Can you see the lightning?"

"Yeah. When it's in front of me and not behind. On the bus now."

"I could see both. With my teacher eyes in the back of my head."

"Not bad rain yet. But it's supposed to be sunny today. And it's the loud, crackling and rolling thunder."

"The feds controlling the weather decided you needed a storm."

"As in, I was walking to the bus area and there was a lightning strike and I jumped and looked around and some athletics department guy walking the other way just looked around and went "time to get inside."

"Yeah. Don't get struck."

"Not on my agenda for the day, unless it's lovestruck."

"Any prospects? Anyone you're pursuing?"

"I will not comment on any romantic prospects."

"You brought it up, not me."

"The rain was warm."

Here's the view of The Pony's parking lot (and baseball stadium).


And the other direction, towards the pool and clubhouse.


He really seems to like it there.

2 comments:

River said...

And why wouldn't he? It's a very nice looking campus, even through the rain.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm afraid that maybe one of the main attractions is that it's 9 hours away from US! Yes, I really think the University of Oklahoma campus is pretty. They have some cool historic buildings.