Thursday, June 14, 2018

Not Nearly As Delectable As One Might ASSUME

Hey! It's been a while since Mrs. Hillbilly Mom gave you a junk-food review! That doesn't mean she hasn't been eating junk food. Only that she hasn't been eating NEW junk food.

Traipsing across the back of The Devil's Playground earlier this week, selflessly hoisting packs of strawberry-flavored water to keep Farmer H hydrated...I spied a new item on the Little Debbie display of tastiness.


TURTLE BROWNIES!!!

No, that doesn't mean the main ingredient is turtle. It means that these Little Debbie brownies are garnished with all the goodness of turtle candies. Chocolate...caramel...and pecans. WAIT A MINUTE! I said PECANS! Little Debbie should be taken to the woodshed for calling her new snack cake a Turtle Brownie! If you zoom in on that blue circle on the label, you'll see that the turtle part of this treat is Caramel, PEANUTS, and Fudge Topping. There is no PEANUT in turtles!


The Little Debbie Turtle Brownie is NOT as big as the drawing on the box. I don't know if you have a good view of it in the wrapper. Judging by the comparison of the box-picture brownies to the caramels and peanuts, the size is correctly proportional. As you will notice below.

Of course I had to try one for this review!


Aside from the size, the product itself looks pretty much like pictures on the box. Not pretty. There it is, next to a bottle cap off a Diet Coke. It's like one of those mini turtles that you put in an aquarium.

This Little Debbie Turtle Brownie tasted NOTHING like a turtle! The peanuts ruin it! Can't taste any caramel. The icing tastes like homemade chocolate icing on a dry chocolate cupcake.

I'll have to force myself to finish the box. Those turtles aren't going to eat themselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes we are forced to do the unthinkable!!

River said...

If I were to take it upon myself to make my own ( Lordy what am I thinking? that's work!) I would have to buy pecans instead of my usual crushed mixed nuts in a bag? (they are mostly peanuts anyway), sometimes I top my brownies with crushed walnuts over the chocolate icing. I'd have to search for ready-made caramel icing too. In the name of authenticity at least.

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishducky,
Yes. I took one for the team.

***
River,
That sounds like a lot of work! You could just pick out the pecan particles from your mixed nuts. I'm sure your creation would taste much better. Little Debbie has let me down.