Monday, June 11, 2018

On The Security Force, Farmer H Would Be Known As The GRINCH

The Pony's apartment complex is situated in the deep, deep, paved outfield of the Sooners' baseball stadium. Okay. It's not really outfield if it's past the fence, I guess.

As we waited for The Pony to come down (he'd requested our non-presence in his apartment), I wondered aloud to Farmer H if any home runs might actually reach the parking lot and damage a car. Farmer H thought that was a possibility.

"I also wonder if people sit out here and watch the game."

"Nah! I'm pretty sure security would stop that from happening."


Perhaps, by security, he meant the officials who tool around in one of these at The Pony's university-owned apartment complex. Isn't that just the cutest little thing? I suppose it's a version of a Sooner Gator.

When The Pony got in A-Cad, I asked him. "Does anybody ever watch the baseball games from out here in the grass?"

"Oh, yeah! They carry their couches out of the apartments to sit on."

Heh, heh! Farmer H, proven wrong!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Farmer H's mantra the same as Bud's? "I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!!"

Sioux Roslawski said...

I'm sure that was the first time THAT happened...

River said...

Well of course they do that. Who wouldn't? Reminds me of the time we lived near a drive-in and dozens of cars would park alongside the fence and watch the movie without going in and paying. They could usually hear quite well as the people who'd gone in and paid would turn up those little speakers that hooked into your window. It wasn't a very popular pastime in the winter though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

fishcucky,
Yes, except for that "I may not always be right" part.

***
Sioux,
In Farmer H's world, it STILL hasn't happened. He lives in the state of DENIAL.

***
River,
No need to buy a ticket if you can get the movie for free!