Thursday, June 21, 2018

Stockings Takes A Shelfie

When I came home from town yesterday, I saw that Stockings, our tuxedo cat, is movin' on up! To a deeeeluxe compartment on the porch. Yeah. Those are the same shelves that Farmer H says he is going to put in our walk-in closet in the master bathroom. He's been saying that for months now. I'm resigned to live out my years as a hoarder wife.


Stockings is like The Pony of the cat world. He doesn't really care about people. In fact, if he had his druthers, I'm pretty sure people would be replaced by kibble-spouting robots. Stockings has a personal bubble that will not be broached. I knew I couldn't get any closer to him and still get a picture. I DIDN'T know that he could sense my phone camera zooming in on him.

I took my eyes off Stockings for a second, to see if Jack was looking photogenic, and when I looked back, Stockings was stalking away.


It's not like he was running. Stockings is a stocky cat. He doesn't rush anywhere.


There he goes, past those wash tubs that have been sitting there even longer than the shelves. They look suitable for washing a stinky hat, don't you think? Alas, I have no water source over there.

Stockings has his ears back, a bit disgruntled, because not only was I stealing his soul by snapping a photo...but Jack was romping over there to try and hump him.

I did not try to get a picture of that interspecies rendezvous.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Stockings is more than "stocky." We had a cat that was, uh, stocky. His belly shook from side to side when he waddled or trotted across the floor.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
This is actually quite svelte for Stockings. He used to be HUGE, but when Farmer H bought that bad cat food, he really slimmed down on accident. Now he's bulking up again. Don't forget the size of those poops he was leaving in the garage!

River said...

Poor Stockings. Settling down for a nice long nap in the sun and along comes a crazy-camera-toting woman trying to steal his soul.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yeah, I always seem to annoy him. Even more than Jack's humping. Stockings doesn't run away from that, but sometimes gets annoyed, and takes a swipe at his would-be interspecies lover, putting the kibosh on a romantic interlude.