Saturday, March 16, 2019

Sweet, Sweet Vindication

Mrs. HM was about to get fightin' mad at the mailbox Thursday afternoon. She reached into EmBee's gullet and pulled out an envelope from her trash-collection service. You may recall that last week, she received a bill for service that has already been paid for! And got a gal on the phone who didn't even look up her account, but said everything was fine on their end.

This envelope looked suspiciously like a billing statement. My trash-collection service is not in the habit of sending me entertaining, gossipy letters. I couldn't wait to get back to T-Hoe and put on my glasses and rip it open. I sensed that there might be some more rippin' going on, which had nothing to do with a paper envelope.



Looks like I got my blood boiling for nothing. Looks like that trash-collection service followed through after having an issue with their new billing software, and saved themselves from Jack('s Human Mom) the Ripper!

2 comments:

River said...

Well that's a relief, I can stop holding my breath now. Phew!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! I can throw things away now all willy-nilly, without fear that my trash won't get picked up for non-payment!