Thursday, February 9, 2023

Farmer H Almost Gets Some Road Treasure

We had rain most of the day yesterday. A steady downpour, not as heavy as some in the past. The road was dull, yet shiny. I couldn't see the line markings in town at the lights. They seem to have lost their reflectiveness. Good thing I drive through there every day, and know how the lanes jog sideways to go under the highway overpass.

On the way home, after crossing the low-water bridge, I was startled to see something bright green on the left side of the road, near the driveway of the guy we bought our long-ago rental duplex from. It hadn't been there when I went to town. Farmer H went to the funeral home later that evening in A-Cad. When he returned, I asked him...

"Did you see that bright green hose near the Rental Guy compound? I guess it fell off the poop truck."

"Yeah. If I'd been in the truck, I probably would have stopped to get it."

SWEET GUMMI MARY!

Why would Farmer H want a 4-inch diameter bright green hose about 12-15 feet long? Especially one used to suck up and spit out poop! What use could he possibly have for that? It's not like a garden hose. No nozzle on either end. It looked like it was to connect one thing with another.

I'll tell you why Farmer H would want it: BECAUSE IT WAS FREE!

2 comments:

River said...

Free, yes. And also because you could cut sections, bury them upright near new plantings and use them to water down near the roots while they get established.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I guess the POOP would also be a plus for that use! OR it could be used like the black hose you put around a house foundation, to help water drain and disperse slowly.

I saw a POOP TRUCK in town at the stoplight, going up the highway ramp, and it had five or six of those bright green hoses slung across the back. So for sure it was a POOP HOSE.