Thursday, July 16, 2015

Time Marches To The Beat Of Not-Mrs.-Hillbilly-Mom's Drum

Three weeks. THREE WEEKS! That's all I have left until school starts again. Even though this has quite possibly been the very worst summer of my entire life...I am reluctant to let it go. Back to the rat race, racing the other rats to the end of the week, for a short precious weekend that does not contain enough time for chores AND relaxation.

My retirement is 10 months away. Out there on the horizon. Have you ever tried to reach the horizon? The closer you get, the farther away it recedes. But if you get there, you just might fall over the edge! When I reach retirement, Farmer H might put me over the edge!

I want the school year over, yet I want it to last. The Pony will graduate. My baby! Off to college. I don't know if there are enough hours in the night for me to lay awake and worry about TWO boys out on their own.

Three weeks. Three short weeks.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

One door closes ....... another opens. I know just what you mean. The decision to buy this venture and start a new life was exciting and sad all at the same time.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes, closing doors, opening windows...that's life, I suppose. It makes me want to listen to The Beatles "In My Life."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suuU3mliNo8

Or Stevie Nicks "Landslide."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUcJQtt_hX8