Saturday, October 3, 2015

Sometimes, Mrs. Hillbilly Mom Needs A Minder

With Farmer H and The Pony out of town for 23 hours to take the SAT (let the record show that The Pony was taking the SAT, not Farmer H, who would think it has something to do with being perched upon a chair and losing half a donut with no explanation of where it went)...Mrs. Hillbilly Mom had the Mansion to herself. Nobody to answer to. Nobody to cook for.

I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I picked up some gas station chicken, some scratch-off tickets (won $35 after cashing in a previous winner), and settled down at my New Delly to revel in my newfound independence. Some TV and a recliner nap followed. Then a sound sleep of the un-breathered. This morning I was able to snooze until 8:00 a.m. Instead of jumping right in the shower, I puttered around in my jammies. Took my thyroid medication. Made a bubba cup of ice water. Grabbed my blood pressure meds that I take an hour later, and sat down in the La-Z-Boy to call Farmer H.

I had to make sure he had taken The Pony to the testing site on time. Not that I could do anything if he had failed. Yes, he had accomplished his mission, but they at first thought they were lost because there were no signs, and people told them the only thing going on at the school was a basketball tournament. Then they backtracked and saw an old lady (Farmer H's words, not mine) walking in, and stalked her, and she admitted to administering the SAT.

I watched some Trisha's Southern Kitchen. The Pioneer Woman. Some Texas Flip and Move. Had a little nap. Decided to make some oatmeal. Took a shower. Called the pharmacy to see if a prescription was ready for pickup. Found out they close at 1:00, not 2:00 on Saturday. Rushed around to take off my Crocs and put on town clothes and shoes, since it was now 12:05 and time was ticking. Grabbed my cell phone off the table next to the La-Z-Boy.

AND SAW MY BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS LAYING THERE STARING AT ME!

That's what happens when Mrs. Hillbilly Mom is thrown off her routine. Normally I take them an hour after the thyroid pill. So today they were three hours late by that schedule, and six hours later than my normal dosing time.

Sometimes, even a valedictorian is not all that smart.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Well, when you retire (in 8 months or so?) you will soon have a 24-7 minder. He'll make sure you mind that you're retired.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Routine interrupted will definitely mess with the taking of medications! I was without my BP meds while attending the wedding. I was sure to bring it to the attention of the bride, so as to use it as an excuse if I made a social faux pas. I needed all the help I could get with the bride!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Ain't THAT the truth! Probably around 6:00 a.m.

**********
Kathy,
Yikes! Of all the blood-pressure-raising events, I would imagine a wedding to be one of the tops. I hope that you did not slur out "STELLAAAA!" as if you had slept on a fold-out couch and taken a muscle relaxer.