Saturday, January 27, 2018

Mark Your Calendars!

I can't be certain, and I certainly don't want to assume...but I THINK Farmer H swept the kitchen floor last night or this morning!

The reason I feel that way is because I walked on it in my bare feet this morning, and IT WAS SMOOTH! Nothing gritty under my soles. And I didn't see any mud clods!

Sure, there was a wet puddle by FRIG II. I don't even want to entertain the thought that he mopped. I'm pretty sure an ice cube was stuck in the dispenser from when I filled my bubba cup at 3:00 a.m., and then it melted itself loose, and fell out, and bounced off that little shelf in the door and onto the floor, and finished melting.

I meant to ask Farmer H if he'd done such a good deed, but I forgot. I don't really want to be disappointed if he didn't. I'm thinking that maybe he felt bad about springing the surprise HOS-son supper on me at the last minute.

Let the record show that HOS-son said he prefers his pizza from Domino's, with pepperoni and cheese, rather than the Devil's Playground Meat Lovers that I served up as planned. Maybe he should take that up with his dinner-inviter.

Also, HOS-son decided that he would rather not go to the auction with Farmer H, and went back home instead because he said he missed the company of his dog.

Heh, heh! I think that's more a statement of Farmer H's company and recreational activities than the mettle of a not-yet-tweenager. I most certainly would not want to spend 4-5 hours at an auction with Farmer H. And I'm not so fond of that pizza myself.

2 comments:

River said...

I'd be going to the auction, but then I'm the sort who loves rummaging around in thrift stores and "antique" (read junk) shops.
Hooray for a clean floor that you didn't have to clean :)

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Farmer H could take you on a good tour of such establishments!

I really need to find out about that floor. Farmer H needs a compliment. If he had nothing to do with it, at least I'll have an explanation for those mysterious thumps I've been hearing upstairs this week. Some people have a guardian angel. I might have a heavy-footed guardian floor-sweeper.