Friday, June 28, 2019

Like Any Addict, I Continue To Crave My Substance Of Abuse

Oh, how I rue the day that I dipped my fork once again into a Hardee's Beef Taco Salad! I wonder what their secret ingredient is. Surely this delicacy must be laced with crack, or fentanyl, or heroin. I plan and plan to forego this meal in favor of something from home. Or even Gas Station Chicken, or Hardee's Chicken Tenders. But no. I find myself at the drive-thru, ordering the worst choice ever for my waistline and attitude.

I looked for those taco salad shells at The Devil's Playground, but found nary a one. Not on the tortilla shelves, not on the taco-related aisle, not in the frozen foods, not in the refrigerator case by the pie shells. In fact, I looked in almost every section, except for the garden center, and the pharmacy. Seems like just the act of shopping for ingredients to make my own taco salad set off my craving!

Which leads me to my next question:


How hard is it, really, to CENTER THE GOSH-DARN SOUR CREAM???

Uh huh. I finally get a Hardee's Beef Taco Salad that is of acceptable size, and appears to have all the requisite ingredients. The gal even asked if I wanted some hot or mild sauce through the speaker! They never do that any more, nor include it. You have to beg at the window. But she asked, and I even turned it down, figuring I'd have to add extra salsa, so didn't need all the additional sodium in those packets of hot sauce.

That's a generous dollop of sour cream, too! Although I'd rather have it in the middle, on top of the beef, rather than on the shell that was once crunchy.

I swear I'm not going to have another Hardee's Beef Taco Salad for a long time.

Really.
________________________________________________________________

Wait just a gosh-darn minute! Is that a BITE taken out of my shell on the right side???
________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

It just got a bit of pre-nibble work done on it.

River said...

A bite? Gosh I hope not. More likely a small piece broke off when the shell was put into the box. As for the sour cream, again, probably plopped into the centre, then ran off to one side as the box was tilted while handing it through the drive-thru window. That could be avoided by using sour cram of a thicker consistency.
But at least you can still get them and of a decent size too!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Just testing for freshness, I presume. Of course you're an insider, having worked at Dairy Queen for about 10 minutes in your youth...

***
River,
I hope you're right! It was remarkable tasty, although misshapen.