Monday, February 27, 2023

The Chilliness Of The Pre-Operative Farmer

Farmer H came home from his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2) a little early on Sunday. It was barely 1:00. He said he was going to watch a race on TV. He wanted supper early, since he had to stop eating for his early-morning surgery on Monday.

When I got out of the shower, I put on my shoes for town, and promised to fix his supper of pulled pork sandwich and green beans as soon as I got home.

"I wore a long sleeve shirt yesterday, and almost fried! I had to put down T-Hoe's windows! So I'm going with short sleeves today."

"You'll need a jacket! It's cold out there!"

"Great. I could have just worn long sleeves again. But I don't want to freeze."

Off I went with my jacket. Which was a mistake! It was only two degrees cooler that the previous day! 54 instead of 56. I don't know what Farmer H was thinking!

When I got home, Farmer H was kicked back in his recliner, UNDER AN AFGHAN!

Hope he's not getting cold feet about his surgery!

4 comments:

River said...

It's weird that he is suddenly feeling cold and maybe the thought of surgery has something to do with that. I know I get all hot and sweaty when I am anxious about anything, so feeling cold could be a similar symptom.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, my armpits were trying to drip, despite my antiperspirant, the other day when I had an important phone call appointment. Leave it to Farmer H to do the opposite.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

They are both crazy! The Patient is always cold and in long sleeved shirt with a jacket and it is 65 here! I tell The Patient he should get up and move around, that his blood is laying cold in his veins because he doesn't MOVE! Maybe he wanted you to soothe his frayed nerves?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I agree! Though usually Farmer H says I AM THE CRAZY ONE because I am cold! I don't really think Farmer H's nerves were frayed. He seemed to be looking forward to the surgery. I'm sure it wasn't just to get away from me...