Monday, February 6, 2023

The Pony Gives The Cook A Day Off

The Pony keeps me updated on his day-off activities. Like Sunday afternoon:

"Made a sandwich."


"I have decided I do not like cold sandwiches."

"What meat?"

"Shaved beef thing from Country Mart."

"You could grill it next time."

"Yeah. This was because I didn't feel like actually cooking. Next time toasting the bread with mayo or butter and then heating the meat might make it much better to me. It's not bad! Just a bit lackluster."

"Horseradish mustard is good on beef."

"Mustard, mayo, and a bit of hot sauce is what I used."

"Your garlic aioli sauce with mustard might also be good. I don't think hot sauce goes with beef."

"It went pretty well."

Huh. To hear him tell it, the sandwich was good after all! Oh, and don't worry that The Pony had a horrible smashing accident and hurt his thumb. That's just unkempt nail polish.

2 comments:

River said...

Looks a good enough sandwich to me. He'll get better at it with more experimentation. He could add some shredded lettuce or sliced pickles.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I only see mayo in the picture. I think it is crying for some spicy mustard, or horseradish. A dill pickle spear on the side would be good. I'm not a lettuce fan. I think it takes away from the taste of the sandwich, making it more bland.