Saturday, May 11, 2019

There Is Nothing Farmer H Won't Sell

Farmer H is currently selling more than he's buying. That's a good thing. He has even cut down his auction-going to two nights a week again! He just doesn't have time, what with working on the $5000 house.

His current mission is to sell a 32-foot RV. A travel trailer. A camper. I have no doubts that he can do it. He's already talked to two people that were interested, and he only took possession of it on Monday. One's truck wouldn't pull it. Another had just that very day bought an RV, and wished he'd had time to look at the one Farmer H is offering.

Farmer H is in the process of troubleshooting all the systems. It's in the front yard of the Mansion. He hopes to pull it to his Storage Unit Store by next weekend. That's where he sold his Ford F250 and the TrailBlazer. People who have (PAID FOR) storage units there can hawk their larger wares on the front gravel parking lot. There's already one camper there, but it's bigger than 32 feet. The full story will be on my other blog in the future, but here's a little preview.


Anyhoo... the point I set out to make was that whenever Farmer H sells something big, he puts me to task looking up prices and printing him sales materials. Sometimes that's hard. Like when Farmer H has been telling me all week that this RV is a 2013 model, but it's not. So I had to go look it up some more.

Farmer H wants to put up a picture of it at his Storage Unit Store this weekend. That's tomorrow. TODAY, as you're reading this. Problem is, the color printer in the workshop wasn't working last time I tried it. Genius didn't know how to fix it from Kansas City. He wasn't even sure what was wrong. I know nothing about that printer, which Genius himself got for a bargain price from some office at his college.

Anyhoo... I told Farmer H that a black and white photo would not be very enticing, but I'd print one if I had to. Which would of course use up too much of my laser printer ink! So, I downloaded the pictures Farmer H sent me, which are better than this one I took from the driveway, and gave the color workshop printer a whirl. When I went in to see if anything printed, IT DID!

I'm guessing the problem with the color printer had been the bad whatever box thingy under my desk, before Farmer H replaced it back when I had to use that long blue wire for my internet connection. I guess that solved the problem, and the workshop printer can now communicate with New Delly again.

Farmer H will be pleased that I also dug through some old teaching stuff, and found THREE clear sleeves to hold his two photos and the price listing.

Mrs. Hillbilly Mom. Working even when she's retired.

3 comments:

River said...

Hooray for working printers! That's a nice looking camper, I bet it won't take long to sell.

Sioux Roslawski said...

No no no. Don't sell it. Keep it on your property, and rent it out to women... who want to get rid of their husbands for the weekend, or the week, or the month, or the summer.

Put a porta-potty right next to it, along with a BBQ grill. Water? I'm not sure how to solve that problem.

You could make loads and loads of money. I'll even be your first customer. My husband is making rumblings about retiring. I might book the trailer for the next... ten to twenty years?

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I was ecstatic about the working printer! Now I can get a color copy if I need it. Farmer H has had three inquiries on the camper this morning, within a couple hours after putting it on Buy/Sell/Trade, and hanging up the picture at his Storage Unit Store.

***
Sioux,
I'm afraid it will be gone before you can start squatting in it! Let the record show that it has its own toilet and shower, and is parked next to our well, so Farmer H could hook up the water if he wanted. Too bad it's going to sell before it can become your retreat. It has hardwood floors (probably vinyl), so there's not much chance of you finding a TOENAIL in the rug.