Thursday, May 16, 2019

I Was Almost Ready To Take My Hair And Go Home

Terrible Cuts is skating on thin ice! Mrs. HM might have to take her lovely lady-mullet elsewhere, if their deceptive tactics do not cease!

I use their check-in app when I'm ready to get my hair cut. Usually, I do it in the driveway, while sitting in T-Hoe, as I'm leaving the Mansion. It takes me 20 minutes to get to Terrible Cuts from home.

Yesterday, I couldn't decide if I really wanted to get a haircut. I had to drive over to Newmentia for insurance purposes, and fill up T-Hoe with gas, and stop by the bank to deposit a check. Of course there was another stop for scratchers. But I knew I didn't want to do it on Thursday, because of a doctor's appointment, and the weekly Devil's Playground adventure.

So... when I came out of Casey's, I picked up my phone to check on the check-in app. If the wait wasn't too long, I might as well get it over with. Huh. The wait time was 0 MINUTES! And I was just down the street. Within 1.5 miles! Yes! I pushed the bar to check in, set my phone down, and took off.

Imagine my surprise when I walked into Terrible Cuts, and saw SIX PEOPLE! They took up the whole row of chairs under the front window. Lucky for me, there was a short row of three chairs under the side window. So at least I could sit down. I glanced at the computer screen on the check-in/check-out counter. My name was last on the list of three people who had done the remote check-in.

SWEET GUMMI MARY!

I thought the wait time was zero just a couple minutes ago when I checked in. Yet when I tried the check-in app on my phone, it showed a wait time of 22 MINUTES! That's just scandalous! How in the NOT-HEAVEN had that happened? It didn't help that the time was 12:14. Only two Terrible Cutters cutting, due to lunch.

Oh, well. It's not like I had anywhere to be. The only stop left was for my 44 oz Diet Coke. Farmer H was hanging around home, cleaning up the camper he's trying to sell. In fact, that's another story, perhaps tomorrow.

As I waited, I deduced how this time warp could have occurred. It looked like all the other people were there together. Two ladies and four men. Or boys. They seemed to be from a group home or school for the developmentally disabled. One lady sat with the waiters, and the other accompanied one of the getting-cutters to the chair. I guess they had checked in everybody at once, and had done so at the same time I was looking at my phone and checking in.

As they were paying, one of the ladies mentioned that the guys had their graduation coming up, and now they would look good. I gotta say, they certainly did look sharp, with their short-on-the-sides and a-little-left-on-top kind of haircut, like military, or maybe from my dad's era.

Those two Terrible Cutters did a fantastic job cutting those guys' hair. Mine didn't turn out half bad, either.

6 comments:

River said...

I'm glad your haircut turned out well this time. I'm not a fan of the short-back and sides look, the poor younger boys look like they're all face and ears! I like longer hair, but if it must be short, then collar length is okay with me. Once they're older and have grown into their ears, shorter isn't so bad, even shaved heads look okay.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
My boys were not a fan of their summer haircuts, especially when Farmer H did it with their clippers, sometimes drawing blood!

River said...

Ouch! Both my boys have their own clippers, Christmas gifts from me years ago. The younger boy used to shave patterns into his hair that looked like tattoo designs.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I think those designs sound cool. And if they didn't turn out like he wanted, they'd grow back in a few weeks.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Most of my tenants (the men) have shaved their heads in support of Kevin. I have my own clippers and I take care of HeWho's thinning locks. He is shaved, but it is hot out, so he likes it short. The sister-in-law shaved her head, as well. I told Kev that he had my support, but not my hair!! I have a fantastic stylist across from my Walmart. She does a really nice job with my hair. I just sit down and tell her to make me look good and she must be doing something right because a lady stopped me in the garden center in Walmart and asked if Karina had cut my hair and told me how good it looked! You could always come here. It would be quite a drive ...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
That's a little farther than I'd like to take T-Hoe! I'm sure Kevin would rather have your support than your hair!