Monday, December 30, 2019

When The STEVENing Comes Before The EVENing, Part 3

Waterlogged medicine, overclogged mail, germ-flogged ATM screen, and hogged parking lot did not deter Even Steven in the end.

Our last stop was Country Mart. I'd cashed in a good day's winnings when I got my 44 oz Diet Coke at the Gas Station Chicken Store, and pocketed the money to play elsewhere. Country Mart's machines had been my plan since before we left the Mansion.

Of course I had to park way down at the end. When I stepped through the door, BOTH lottery machines were occupied. I stepped right, to wait on the left machine. An old lady was putting in her money. I figured she would be done sooner than the couple at the right side machine. As it was, they finished at the same time, and reached an impasse at the door. The old lady surged ahead at the last moment.

I put in a bill and got my tickets. Because I'd been discombobulated by both machines being taken, I absentmindedly put in the next bill, which I'd intended for the right side machine. Sweet Gummi Mary! Now I was stuck spending it. No change from the lottery machine. I made my selections, and then took the small bill, the one I'd been intending to spend to get The Pony a ticket, into the right side machine.

Once outside, I informed The Pony of my ticket faux pas. I fanned out the selections so he could choose. He did not hesitate. Took the Power 5 blue ticket. First scratch, he exclaimed,

"I WON $25!"

Good for him.

It was much later that night when I had time to scratch my tickets. Well. What a fine turn of events. Even Steven knew it was time for EVENing out my day!

Four more winners from that left side machine! A $5, a $10, a $15, a $15. That's $45 more dollars of winning, plus The Pony's $25 winner!

It was worth the inconvenience of the STEVENing to get to the eventual EVENing.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Congratulations. If I had bought lottery tickets, it would have been wins of $0, $0, $0 and $0.

Luck is usually your lady...

River said...

That's a nice way to finish the year. I had a good finish too. Several tickets for the $30m jackpot draw and five of my tickets won a small amount each, totalling $125.20. I'm quitting while I'm ahead.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Thank you. Farmer H also uses your buying technique.

***
River,
Wow! You did good! Congrats! I never win on the draw tickets.