Thursday, April 12, 2012

Behold, The Power Of Bird Poop

Kids these days! It takes so little to impress them. Today, for instance...

I stood at my post in the hall, snarfing up all manner of germs from the tailwinds of passing students, trying to hold my breath for an adequate amount of time as each cougher passed by. Upon hearing exclamations of awe emanate from my classroom, I turned to observe what fresh torture the students had in store for me.

They were gathered near to back of the room. One brave or very unenlightened lad actually stood at the window behind my desk! That's a no-no. I cautioned him to move away. He apologized.

"I'm sorry. But have you SEEN that van out front?"

"No. I don't pay that much attention to what's outside the classroom."

"Whose van IS that?"

"Don't know. Don't really care. You all need to sit down."

"Well, those birds have really been going to town on that van!"

Yeah. I looked as I returned to my desk. Big deal. It was a dark blue older-model van with a few white lines of bird poop down the back side. Whoop-ti-freakin'-do. Of course, the kids assumed it had happened while parked out front. I don't think so.

Their tender brains do not have the deduction power of one with so many rings as myself. They are but neophytes in the world of forensics. You see, no other cars out front had such poopy markings. The van was not under any power lines, trees, or wires. No poopy perches from which our avian friends could bombard the auto. Which points to a van parked at home, perhaps under a carport edge, or other aforementioned vantage point for our fine feathered poopers to drop their chalky white bombs.

It was really nothing to write home about. But something eye-catching to fourteen-year-olds.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Maybe you could hire a hitman to snuff out the offending birds. However, you might find that the wrong birds were targeted--the guilty poop-filled preeners are still busy offending cars and teenagers...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

A bird pooped on my head as I was loading cans into the Dr. Pepper machine located near the rest rooms. I was told by he who sometimes mixes up information that this was going to bring me good luck. So far, I have noticed nothing out of the ordinary as far as luck or good fortune. I did wash my head, maybe I was supposed to leave it there .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Yes. But then all the birds would look at me like they knew what I'd done. At least nobody at the airport has ever asked me to take care of his bird, Farfel, until he could pick him up.

************
Kathy,
A bird pooped on my white shorts while I was sunning myself while waiting for a college class to start. I did not garner any good luck. All I garnered was the ridicule of those around me. Plus, I did not have time to change, and had to endure a boring psychology class with green, seedy bird poop in my lap.

I suppose I'm lucky it didn't land on MY head. The poop. Not the bird. Which reminds me of Julia Sugarbaker telling cousin Allison, "You have a big ol' bird on your head," when she was making a fool of herself.