Friday, April 20, 2012

Hillbilly Mom, Tell Us 'Bout The Good Ol' Days

I am SO not liking this new BLOGGER overhaul. I do not like it on my screen. My thoughts on it are very mean.

This old dog does not need any new tricks. Just let me have my BLOGGER back. I had not even changed to the NEW BLOGGER that was out a couple years ago. Apparently, Hillmomba is no longer a free blogtry. Instead of that little banner that proclaimed changes coming in April, they might have included the message: You WILL upgrade. OR ELSE! So snap to it. Before we do it for you.

If I had my druthers, we'd all be listening to 8-track tapes, and LPs on rinky dink fold-up plastic stereos, while drinking Fresca and Tab from pull-top cans. Propping up our feet shod in Earth shoes. Showing filmstrips to our classes, and occasionally a reel-to-reel tape checked out through the mail from the regional office of the American Heart Association. Running copies on fume-emitting, purple-finger-making mimeograph machines. Eating candy chock-full of Red Dye #2. Spraying the fields with DDT. Returning glass soda bottles after using a bottle-opener to pry off their metal caps. Popping corn in copper-bottom pans on the front burner. Laughing at the thought of people PAYING for water in a bottle.

Ahh...the good ol' days. When gay was happy and thongs were shoes.

5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

A couple of years ago, I was telling my students about a childhood memory of mine--walking to the pool in my thongs. Their eyes bulged, and they needed therapy when they could nto remove that vision from their brain.

Earth shoes. I loved them.

8-track tapes. Click click.

knancy said...

Paisley print clothes to go with those Earth Shoes, of course. Although, some people don't know of that word - paisley. As I'm sure they don't know half or any of the other things you mentioned.

I've started writing emails to my sister and cousin about memories I have from us growing up together. The replies are very interesting in what all each of us remembers!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I do not like the changes either! Just who thought this would be better???

Chickadee said...

Yup. I agree. I am not impressed with the changes. Give me back my old Blogger! What is with these computer programmers and constantly changing this stuff?? Facebook is worse. I love my Facebook, but find the constant changes annoying.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I can imagine the confusion of the poor children. Knowing that you wear Crocs on your feet, they could only assume that you wore thongs on your...

************
knancy,
And what about those blue chambray shirts that were everywhere?

************
Kathy,
It's too darn confusing. Everything's not in its place!

************
Chick,
I assume this new look is mimicking something else. I don't know what, because BLOGGER is the extent of my social media experience.