Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sometimes, I See The Strangest Things At School

As I was locking up my room today after school, I saw a student down at the end of the hallway. On the way out, I stopped to greet the little sow.

You know what a sow is, don't you? Surely you've seen Sissy Spacek as Loretta Lynn, picking up a stick along the railroad tracks and ordering Doo's new girlfriend out of his Jeep. She makes it quite clear. "A sow. That's a woman pig!"

Oh, excuse me. I have not filled in all details of this story yet. A few days ago, this student told me she had just gotten a new pet. I miniature pig. Black. And this afternoon, her mother brought it in after school. At first, I did not notice the baby porker. The Pony had already carried some stuff out to T-Hoe, and reported that there was a tiny piglet running around in a colleague's room. So I was on the lookout.

Did you know that a black piglet snuggled up against a black t-shirt is virtually invisible? I greeted the student, and was about to go on outside when she said, "How do you like my baby pig?" Then I saw her. The little sow. The proud new pig-owner set her down for me to admire her tail and manner of perambulating. Did you know that pet miniature pigs have straight tails? Me neither. No curly corkscrews for them.

Here's a whole basket of baby piggies for your viewing pleasure.





You can decide which one went, "Wee, wee, wee!"

5 comments:

knancy said...

Well, I hope this works:

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/04/one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other/

If it does, I hope you enjoy more piggies.

Sioux Roslawski said...

And it'll be good BBQ in six months or so.

Hillbilly Mom said...

knancy,
That's some SWEET BACON playing fetch!

*****************
Sioux,
You are SO wrong. Now my kids won't want to eat BBQ anymore. They'll need counseling, which I can ill afford.

I am having flashbacks to the time one asked, "Who put the BONE in my chicken?" And the other demanded to know, "Who put the MEAT on my burger?"

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I once had a pet pig named George. He was black. He grew into a hog. Mother wanted bacon .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I don't mean to pick at old wounds...but seems like you had a similar problem with a chicken.