Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Pony, ACTing Out

Hey, diddle diddle...time solved the riddle...The Pony is over the moon.

ACT scores were posted yesterday. On his first official attempt, the sophomore Pony clinched a composite score of 33. Perhaps over the moon is a bit of a stretch. The Pony is shooting for a perfect score of 36. Best of luck to him. He's going to take it again in the spring. Too bad he won't have had a trigonometry course by then. That was his low subject, with a 27. Thank the Gummi Mary, his English, Science, and Reading were all 35s to balance him out.

Another Newmentia student, a senior, also scored a 33 composite. Which speaks well of our little Hillmomba educational institution, with its enrollment under 300 for 9-12. I only regret that my little Pony did not have my best old ex-teaching buddy, Mabel, to curry him in math.

The Missouri average composite score last year was 21.6, which is near or slightly over the national average, I believe. You can check out ACT stats here.

Hillmomba has a good school system. Really. That's why I drive my kids there with me, rather than send them to the bigger think-tank where we reside.

HooRah, Newmentia!

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Congratulations to Your Little Pony. He made it through all the hoops...

(I'm sure you're all Prancer-cizing right now in celebration.)

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
We are. I think I'm the best...but Farmer H has delusions of Prance-deur.