Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Pony And I Are Sometimes Not On The Same Page

Well, Hillmomba narrowly avoided being smacked by that falling GOCE satellite Sunday. Narrowly, as in about 1/4 of the circumference of the earth away. The Pony was blessedly unaware that the sky had been falling. His response yesterday, to the fact that we were still alive and kicking: "Huh."

"Oh, Pony. We're all just dinosaurs, living out our boring lives until the big one strikes, making us extinct. Just dinosaurs."

"Well...some people more than others."

"That's not very nice of you, saying I'm such a dinosaur. I know I'm old."

"I wasn't referring to you. You are like...the thing that comes...AFTER the dinosaur."

"Whew! For a minute there, I thought you were calling me the thing that comes OUT OF the dinosaur!"

"No. I mean like the small burrowing creatures that survived."

"Oh. I'm a furry catlike horse with toes? How comforting."

"Noooo. BURROWING. Not furry. A burrowing creature. Because you are not exactly a dinosaur like the people who don't understand technology. You understand just a little bit of it."

I call that a ringing endorsement. But I'm most proud not to be a pile of what comes out of a dinosaur.

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

I can't wait to see what he gets you for the next Mother's Day...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I don't mean to look a gift Pony in the mouth...but I really hope it isn't a repeat of the $3.00 pink change purse and two boxes of SnoCaps. I know it wasn't his idea. Some old goat put him up to it.