Monday, April 13, 2015

A Tale Of Dog And Douse

I almost got it. Uh huh. That Devil Dog who charges up its driveway and comes straight for me when I drive by every evening. I don't even want to think about what might happen if I walk by.

As you might recall, The Pony and I devised a plan to counteract this over-agressive mutt. So a couple of days ago, I spotted it waiting way down its own driveway. Watching. Standing up. Getting ready for the charge. I spun the lid off my water bottle with one hand. Had it ready.

That Devil Dog's timing was off. I was almost to the Mansion driveway by the time it charged out of its own. I flipped the water bottle over and put it out T-Hoe's window with my left hand, shaking the water towards that pugnacious poodle.

"I guess you know you missed it." The Pony doesn't really care about helping people. Only about showing them up when their plans go awry.

"I know. But that dog stopped! Did you see it? It stopped and stood there. Didn't charge into us or chase us."

"Yeah. But you didn't even get it wet."

"I KNOW! But I made it curious enough about that liquid spraying out that it stopped coming after us."

Baby steps.

I claim a victory for Hillmomba.

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Maybe you need to dognap that Devil Dog and take him to the Devil's Playground... and let him loose.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
That Hound of Hillmombaville will never set one of its four feet inside my T-Hoe!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

you need to get one of the super soaker gun things

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes I do! That Devil Dog charged me again this evening. I didn't even have my water bottle ready. It came out of nowhere (okay, out of its own driveway) barreling at me like a runaway locomotive.