Sunday, April 26, 2015

Upcoming Hillmomba Events

Oh, how time is flying! Time is a regular Charles Lindbergh/Amelia Earhart around Newmentia these days. Four weeks to go.

Monday brings a practice test, Tuesday the ACT for all juniors, Wednesday the academic banquet, Thursday and Friday some cramming for next week's EOC, and Monday a last-minute wrap-up to elicit the best performance from each little testee! Heh, heh. You know what I said.

I think we are better off dwelling on the big picture, and willing to forgo the minutia that is hard to remember, of which there may only be a single question. I'm not out to get 100% from my clientele. It would be nice, and a pleasant surprise, but we are realists. We strive for the next-to-top category, and keeping everyone out of the basement. It will be a challenging feat this year, though we DID achieve it last year. Same class, different students. Apples and oranges. Let's hope it's a Mackinaw peach performance.

But that's just two of my four classes. The rest will be back to business as usual, and may get to make paper bridges or drive Hot Wheels cars down a ramp. We'll see how the weather goes, and what stage the moon is in. No need for Mrs. Hillbilly Mom to bring undue stress on herself during the short haul to testing.

It it retirement yet?

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

It is for Linda.

But not for you. You have one more year and four more weeks left.

And I have decades to go. They'll have to strap me to a dolly and wheel me into the classroom every morning and wheel me out every afternoon.

So I'm jealous of you and Linda, and you should be envious of Linda.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Short timers syndrome?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Well, I would be envious of Linda, but she kept it a secret too long, so I could not spend my year wishing I was in her position. Not at a preschool, though! Not-heaven, NO! Her position as one about to retire at the end of the school year.

I imagine you won't need that dolly to wheel you into the classroom. Before you leave, I think you will be giving the kids assignments and lessons online, and then traveling to each one's home to fiddle with their internet connection and make sure it works.

*****
Kathy,
Yes. Maybe I won't even learn names next year. I can just assign them numbers out of my old red gradebook.