Saturday, April 4, 2015

The First Of Many Firsts Without

The Pony and Farmer H spent all day playing in the dirt. The dirt that they dug up from four different locations for The Pony to use in his Science Fair project. They scooped it from buckets and funneled it into the two-liter soda bottles, then drilled the various-height holes, and put in the aquarium tubing. Tomorrow, The Pony will run the water through it, and time the trickle, and analyze his data on flow rate.

I, on the other hand, will be doing next to nothing tomorrow, except, perhaps, dragging my broken body around to my dark basement lair after spending from 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. today whipping up tasty dishes for our holiday feast one day early for the #1 son's visit.

Let the record show that I did NOT prepare the deviled eggs in a manner suggested by my sister the ex-mayor's wife, at the ex-mayor's request, that involved cutting them on the vertical rather than horizontal, stuffing the tasty filling in, then capping them with the top of the egg, and putting carrot-sliver beaks and black-olive segment eyes on them to look like hatching chicks. I think the 90 minutes I spent making them in the regular manner, not counting last night's boiling time, will suffice. Anyhoo...he's not getting any this time anyway. He can make his own deviled eggs and leave off the olives on half, then eat the olived ones anyway and complain about olives.

It will be Easter Eve dinner for four this evening at the Mansion.

I am a bit melancholy.

2 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--I am sure.

I'm sorry it's not five. But I imagine the fifth one was with you in spirit today.

Have some slaw tomorrow, and lift up a forkful to her.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I would imagine so. What with the #1 son being there and all. I haven't seen a ladybug since that one I asked for, and I am NOT planning to ask for it again. It was there when I needed it the most. Such a feat must take an extraordinary amount of other-worldly effort.

As a matter of fact, I DO have a fresh pint of slaw in Frig II, so I will add that to my leftover meal. I even ditched my special sturdy blue-bordered paper plates that I bought for the occasion, and picked up some Styrofoam trays that Mom always used. Just so the kids would feel like it was a real Easter dinner, of course.