Saturday, January 28, 2017

It's Not What You Think It Is

Ever since Farmer H retired 40%, navigating the Mansion has become like walking on eggshells. Figuratively, of course. Oh, how I WISH I was literally walking on eggshells! Rather than the stuff Farmer H leaves behind on the floors.

This morning my bare left foot trod upon yet another Farmer H deposit.

YOWSA! That smarted!

I'm not sure what this is. Even after I picked it up and peered at it through my glasses, I couldn't tell. The best I can figure is that it's a portion of plastic covering that goes around electrical wire. I tried to get a closeup so maybe you will recognize this floor treasure. There are grooves on the inside. Not sure what the odd coloring is on the back.


This portion is only about an inch long. Still, you'd think Farmer H might have noticed it as he trod over it on the way to town for breakfast and a haircut. I saw it, but thought it was a pretzel from the Chex Mix that Farmer H might have dropped in a hurry to get to the living room in an after-supper feeding frenzy. I only stepped on it on my return trip, having forgotten to beware, and refusing to pick up after Farmer H yet again.

There's a lesson to be learned here, I guess.

If you visit the Mansion, don't take off your Crocs!

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Perhaps when you start up your tour business (when IS that happening, by the way?) you can give a new or a well-worn pair of Crocs to each participant. Of course, the tour price would have to be upped. The more expensive options would be the ones actually worn by HM...

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I learned long ago to LOOK where I was stepping. I can feel things underfoot even with shoes on. HeWho just stomps through the house like he owns the world. This makes for some interesting things attached to his boots to soil the floor. He stepped on Eddie's tiny leg and it took me an hour to calm the little dog down. And I vow to NEVER let him forget!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Or maybe I could partner with The Good Feet Store! I could insist on tourers wearing my Crocs, and then at the end, give them a $10 coupon to The Good Feet Store, which would pay me a $25 finder's fee. A WIN-WIN for us, though a LOSE for the people with bad feet who get snookered by The Good Feet Store.

***
Kathy,
NOOOO! Not Eddie's tiny leg!!! If only there was a Good Leg Store where you could take him for orthotics so he can be comfortable again.

Poor little Eddie. I can hardly stand thinking about it. There he was, a happy little guy, roaming around the floor, when a GIANT FOOT like the one in the Monty Python opening credits came out of nowhere and squooshed his leg!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rutX0I6NxU