Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Back To The Mansion...

Shh...did you hear that? Wait! Is it the howl of a wolf in the distance? A creaking floorboard? The squeak of a heavy wooden door on its wrought-iron hinges? The flap of bat wings past your head? No...wait a minute...I've heard that sound before. Two consecutive days previous. I know what that is! It's the gleeful squealing of a self-centered, retired quinquagenarian with a gambling problem!

Read it and weep, losers! And I mean "losers" in the most innocent form of the word, as in, "one who does not win." It's not an insult. It's almost endearing, actually. Just a descriptor. To distinguish others from Mrs. Hillbilly Mom herself, who is a WINNER of $100 for the third day in a row. What's that? Pics or it didn't happen?

I know, I know...there's really nothing to comment about. It's not like I EARNED anything, like an Oscar with my performance, or a gold medal with my athletic prowess. Nope. I was in the right place at the right time, and snagged my third winning ticket in a row.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to cash that in and buy another one tomorrow. You've gotta make hay while the iron is hot, you know. Strike while the sun shines. The odds are against me falling butt-backwards onto a $100 winner on the fourth straight day. But you can't win if you don't play, right?

Besides, even if all good things must end...at least I'll get another blog post out of it.

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

So this is your retirement hobby? Guess it is more lucrative than collecting and building sheds .....

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--Even if you don't win with a lottery ticket, you're still a winner. You have a guy who's building you an unlimited number of mini-mansions on your estate.

What more could a gal ask for?

Anonymous said...

Would you like an investor/partner?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yes! Because at least I have a CHANCE of making some of my money back.

***
Sioux,
This gal could as for plenty. Starting with a court order for that guy to remove all mini-mansions from my estate!

***
fishducky,
Not if that prospective partner in on the record as an investor in pitchfork and flaming-torch factories.