Saturday, March 25, 2017

Only Water Under The Bridge

We had a bit of rain last night. I knew it was in the forecast, but since it didn't interfere with my daily walk, I didn't pay it much mind. I was more concerned about the wind. I hate wind. March is NOT going out like a lamb. It's still in lion mode. With temperatures in the upper 70s, I could not wear my (beautiful) sock cap to hold my lovely lady mullet in place while I walked. I have a cap that I wear when the sock cap is not feasible. But that wind likes to blow off my cap, unless I tug it down to my eyebrows. Which I did.

Around 1:23, my electricity went off. And came back on. And went off. And came back on. And went off. And came back on. I hate it when that happens. We have surge suppressors on our electronic gewgaws. But sometimes they're not effective. New Delly escaped unscathed, though. Even though she went into the improper shutdown mode, and started the 30-second countdown to start up again, and the very second she was starting is when the power went off again. Both times. I'm just glad it came back. Farmer H said the people in town told him that their power was off for over 90 minutes!

Around midnight I heard a couple of claps of thunder. I could hear the rain pouring down. But it didn't affect my internet, or my TV DISH reception, so I didn't dwell on it. This morning Farmer H went to town for breakfast, and upon return informed me that we must have had quite a rain, because the creek had been over the bridge. Indeed. There were still limbs on top when I went to town a few hours later. Not at OUR creek, though, down by EmBee. However...

We had a tree down. A tree ripped up by the roots.

Looks like it was not a pleasant little float trip to get to this point.

Back home, I had to step out on the porch to send the pictures to myself, from cell phone to email. That's why I usually wait until I'm in town to do that. I had to stand on the porch about 10 minutes for these to go through.

Puppy Jack has not quite forgiven me for daring to come out on the front porch five hours early, without his SNACK!

He looks downright indignant!

4 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--You got some nerve. Poor Jack. He depends on those treats. He deserves them.

Don't let it happen again.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Poor little Jack. He looks wet, like maybe he is responsible for that tree floating in the water! We didn't get that much rain, but killer winds.

Anonymous said...

Did you explain what was going on to Puppy Jack?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
I see whose side YOU'RE on!

I felt guilty, and a half hour later I tossed Jack and Juno the leftover expired sugar-free white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies that Farmer H has not bothered to throw away. Not sure if they're good for dogs, but they each got three, and ate them like they were good!

***
Kathy,
Jack will be wet from now until the first freeze! He LOVES water, and has been swimming in ponds and creeks every day. He had dried out from earlier in the day, and this picture shows his wet feet and belly from romping around in the grass while I fed and watered the animals.

fishducky,
I DID! But it looks like he's calling me a liar with his eyes. This picture of him should go in the dictionary, next to REPROACH.