Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A Couple Of Fugitives From The Most Unwanted List

Heading out on my 44 oz Diet Coke run Tuesday, I stopped to give my Sweet, Sweet Juno some cat kibble. Jack was nowhere in sight, so Juno got all the attention. Even though what she wanted was the cat kibble.

When I came home, the full crew was there to greet me. So I had to go back into the garage and use the mini non-stick saucepan to scoop out the kibble from the latch-top mini trash can that stores it. My eager admirers didn't mind the wait. Nor did they seem to care that the reason for it was that Farmer H did NOT feed the cats this morning, leaving that chore to me. I'm sure their dry-food buffet is not being depleted by me handing out handfuls to the dogs a couple times a day!

Anyhoo...when I left earlier, I noticed that Farmer H had made an addition to his garage-adjacent rock garden, and vowed to share that artistic expression with you when I got back.


Yeah. Copper Jack couldn't be bothered to get out of the picture, but he gives you an idea of how big those concrete flip-flops are. I'm not likin' the look. I guess they're better in this area than out in front of the house. By the beautiful partly-almost-white picket fence. That's the thing with Farmer H. He can make something that looks good, like the sidewalk made of bricks from a former old street behind my $17,000 house, and that rock garden with treasures that my grandma collected. But then he junks it up with something inane like those concrete flip-flops.

Farmer H. Can't live with him, can't pretend the footsteps upstairs are his without him.

3 comments:

River said...

Once those flip flops get a little weathered, they might fit right in, especially if a few more odd knick knacks get placed.

Anonymous said...

Those are BIG flip flops!!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Sweet Gummi Mary! I didn't think of any MORE odd knick knacks being put right out there in public! I'll have to keep an eye on Farmer H. He DID acquire another odd knick knack today, and a picture will be forthcoming. Probably over at my less-secret place.

***
fishducky,
I'm sure you remember when people of our generation called them THONGS instead of flip-flops. Imagine if you told someone these days, "Wow! You have GIGANTIC THONGS!"