Tuesday, April 10, 2018

They Might Want To Invest In A White Noise Machine

Monday morning, I got a call from an unknown number ON MY CELL PHONE. Dang it! You never know. What if something happened to one of my boys, and my number was in their phone? I rarely get scammer calls on my cell phone. That's probably because I never put my number on the cell phone Do Not Call List. Seriously. I think that's where scammers get some of their numbers.

Anyhoo...I answered.

"Hello."

"Hello?"

"Hello."

"Hello?"

"HellOOOO!"

"Mrs. Hillbilly Mom?"

"Who are you calling, and for what reason?"

"Is this Mrs. Hillbilly Mom?"

"What are you calling about?"

"Do you live at 1313 Hillmomba Lane?"

"Why do you need to know that?"

"This is the XYZ Roofing Comany--"

"DON'T EVER CALL THIS NUMBER AGAIN!"

"--we are--"

"DON'T EVER CALL THIS NUMBER AGAIN!!!"

I hung up. Blocked that number and reported it as 5PAM. The sound of about 100 others in the background, making the same call, kind of gives away the scamminess of their venture.

I really hope Farmer H hadn't called somebody about our roof after the hailstorm last week.

3 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

When it's apparent they're selling something, my first (and last) words are, "I'm not interested" and then I hang up.

River said...

I had a roofing company call me once and I said I don't have a roof and hung up. it's true, there is another unit above mine, that tenant has a roof.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
Well, THAT'S not very exciting. Perhaps you could amp up the drama level.

***
River,
I wish you had kept them on the line, telling them more and more about not having a roof over your head. Kind of like a riddle for them to solve.