Sunday, November 27, 2022

The Pony's Mom's Eyes Are Bigger Than His Stomach

I sent The Pony home with Thanksgiving leftovers, and told him to not eat them past Sunday night. That's four days. Don't wanna take any chances with his delicate digestive system, heh, heh. He had deviled eggs, stuffing, roasted vegetables, and turkey.

Saturday evening, I got a text from The Pony.

"I didn't actually eat any leftovers yesterday. I didn't get off until 7 and fell asleep before I was gonna warm them. Then I did eat half a dozen deviled eggs."

"Don't fart around me!"

"You gave me 18 of them! And they've gotta be gone by tomorrow night!"

"Dad said they MIGHT be okay on Monday."

"The eggs? I doubt that. The veggies would be fine, but the meat is iffy and the eggs would not."
 
"Don't make yourself sick over my generosity! It's okay to throw them out. The meat is likely okay. People commenting online about a news article saying to throw them out after four days say THEY eat their Thanksgiving leftovers for SEVEN days!"
 
"Internet commenters are not always the brightest bulbs in the box!"
 
"And yet they're still alive to comment!"
 
"Fair! But I doubt they have to walk and drive 8 hours a day away from a bathroom!"
 
Anyhoo... The Pony went on to say the he was ordering a pizza to have with a drink since it's a night before a day off. And that later he planned to have more deviled eggs and warm up a bowl of vegetables. AND that he could use turkey as a topping on the pizza, especially for the leftover pizza.
 
I hope I don't make The Pony develop a dislike of my deviled eggs! I just had that many left over to give him, since Farmer H and I wouldn't eat a bunch for leftovers. And to be fair, I DID give him two Chinese Tupperware containers of the roasted vegetables.
 
Enough is as good as a feast. I don't want The Pony to stuff himself into queasiness.

4 comments:

River said...

I eat leftovers on the second day, but after that I toss it all, I don't care what the food is or whether it is still good or not, I just can't eat the same thing three days in a row. This is why I usually freeze suitable leftovers on day one and eat them a week later. It's just a shame not everything is suitable for freezing.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Farmer H pulls this trick on everyday meals, but not Thanksgiving foods. He will SAY he'll eat leftovers, but somehow gets out of it. For example, he says he likes spaghetti better the second day. Without The Pony here, spaghetti usually lasts for three days. I don't like it. So Farmer H will eat spaghetti the second day, then something comes up where he's "not hungry" or has eaten a big meal in town for lunch. So the dogs get it. Spaghetti doesn't freeze well.

If it's a food I like, I can eat it for several meals. Being leftover, or having the same thing, is not an issue with me.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Only leftover I had was cake and it didn't last long!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
We still have cheesecake in the freezer, and chocolate cake in FRIG II. The sweet rolls have been eaten, mostly by me! I can't believe The Pony didn't take any cheesecake home with him. Though he DID confess the next day that when he was vomiting a couple weeks ago, he had eaten cheesecake that he left out about 8 hours...